Serve Our Church
- Through Prayer. One of the most important ways you can serve and support our community is by praying for it — joyfully asking God to move in and through our church…and expecting him to respond! We really believe that every exercise of faith will make a real difference!
Set aside one day a week (on your own time) or a specific time each day to pray for our church’s needs.
- Pray for the development of our Sunday worship service.
- Pray that God would continue meet our financial needs through the support of indiviuals.
- Pray for a facility in the neighborhood for our Sunday worship services as we grow in numbers and need more space.
- Pray for the spiritual and relational health of our community as we grow in grace together — especially through our weekly Sunday services and Home Groups.
- Pray for newcomers to our church — that we would welcome them warmly, that God would draw us together in community.
- Pray that God would open doors into the lives of our local neighbors as we seek to be a spiritually diverse, cross-cultural, and neighborhood-centered community.
- Through serving our Church Ministries. Harvest relies upon the shared contributions of individual volunteers — people just like you! God created each of us with a unique blend of talents, interests, and experiences for the purpose of playing a role in helping reconcile our broken world back to him. When we use these God-given gifts by serving the church we become living sacrifices for the glory of God.
Finding the right place to serve: Whether you have lots of time to offer, or only a little bit, you can make a difference by starting with the interest areas that make your heart beat fast. Select from the list below:
The ministry team serves by helping mobilize believers at Harvest to fulfill our church’s vision and mission and helping Pastor Walter in leading Harvest transition from a church plant (mission church) to a healthy particularized congregation. If you have questions about the ministry team or just want to learn more about the ministry contact Pastor Walter firstname.lastname@example.org.
These roles are for those of you who feel particularly burdened to extend yourself by meeting new people, and/or by providing intentional care for others through teaching and leading discussion.
- Sunday greeter: Most guests decide whether they will return within the first few minutes. Welcome guests with warmth and friendliness, answer their questions and introduce them to others in the church.
- Childcare/Children’s Ministry: Teaches Sunday School (Preschool, Elementary, Middle, High school).
- Home Group Facilitator: Facilitates/leads group discussions and cares for the group. Training Required.
Behind the Scenes
These roles allow you to serve meaningfully but quietly behind the scenes.
- Set-up / Clean-up Team: Set up/clean up coffee bar area and places signages. (meets at 12:30 pm). Refreshments for Coffee Bar. Bring snacks, drinks, coffee bar supplies for the refreshments time after service.
- Hosting Home Group meetings: Opening up your home to host Home Group meetings (Sept-May).
- Sound Team: Sets sound equipment, records sermons, runs the sound board during the service.
- Attendance Counter: In order for Harvest to meet the needs of our guests it is very important that we keep attendance records.
- Offering Collector: Collects offering each week.
These roles require experience, particular skills or a willingness to serve in front of others.
- Music Team: Experienced vocalists, guitarists, and other instrumentalists to help lead our congregation in worship. Audition required.
- Website: Help updating and maintaining our website
- Scripture Readers: Read Bible passages during the worship service with gusto!
- Finance Team: responsibilities of the finance teams includes: counting weekly tithes and offerings, monthly meetings, tracking finance records for the church, making bank deposits etc. email@example.com
These roles include ways we’d like to invite all Harvesters to serve our church!
- Sunday worship: Commit to engage with God in deep and passion worship and with others every Sunday. Your praise and presence matters!
- Home groups: Commit to be a part of a home group. It is where you will be used to encourage and minister to others at Harvest!
- Invite Others: Tell 2-3 of your neighbors, friends, and co-workers about our church!
- Through Giving Financially: Regular monetarily giving to the church is an important part of the Christian life. It is an expression of gratitude and love to God in response to what He has offered us in Jesus and an expression of our belief that all of what we have is ultimately God’s. But it is also a very tangible way you serve and bless others with your life.
You can contribute during our Sunday service offering time. If you do not or for some reason cannot attend Harvest on Sundays but want to contribute please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions.